Harley-Davidson has done some tinkering, adding ABS and sound systems to certain models, and even more muscle. And, the Motor Company has also slashed some prices, and added price protection to other bikes.
First up: Harley-Davidson says the Ultra Limited, Ultra Limited Low, Road Glide Ultra, Road King Special, Road Glide Special, Street Glide Special, Freewheeler and Tri Glide Ultra models will all come with the Milwaukee Eight 114 engine as standard next year.
But wait, there’s more! Select Touring and Trike models are also getting a new Boom Box infotainment system, with Apple Car Play integrated—a very desirable feature if you’re into listening to tunes while cruising (not long ago, the Honda Gold Wing was the only machine available with Apple Car Play).
Harley-Davidson has made its ABS system standard on all Softail, Touring, CVO and Trike models for 2019, as well as its factory security system.
The three-wheeler models also get traction control for 2018, and linked braking.
Finally, the financial stuff: Along with dropping MSRPs on some models, Harley-Davidson also brought in price protection pay-out on some Softail and Street models (if the price drops after you buy, you get some money back), and also announced some dealer promotion incentives for unsold 2018 models. More details on this in the press release below.
HARLEY-DAVIDSON® INTRODUCING NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND PRICE PROTECTION ON SELECT MOTORCYCLES FOR CANADIAN RIDERS
Harley-Davidson Canada delivers new infotainment system along with Antilock Brake System & Security on select 2019 models while introducing a new sales promotion, lower MSRP and price protection.
- New Boom!™ Box GTS infotainment system available on select Harley-Davidson® Touring and Trike motorcycles, including the 2019 CVO™ models
- More power for Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike models
- Antilock Brake System (ABS) & Security now standard on all Softail®, Touring, CVO™, and Trike models
- Lower MSRP on select Harley-Davidson Street® and Softail® models
- Price protection pay out on specific Softail and Street models
- Dealer promotion available, for participating dealers only, applicable only to the sale of untitled 2018 Harley-Davidson Street, Softail (including Dyna®) and Touring motorcycle models. Special Low Rate Promotion includes:
- 0.99% Rate for up to 60 months with $0 down with ESP
- 1.99% Rate for up to 60 months with $0 down without ESP
(Vaughan, ON) November 21, 2018 – Harley-Davidson Canada is continuing the momentum from the recent 2019 model year launch by offering Canadian riders new and advanced technologies, price protection pay out and lower MSRP on select models. In addition, Harley-Davidson Canada is also offering a Special Low Rate for participating dealers only. These developments support Harley-Davidson Canada’s goal to inspire a new generation of Canadian riders to share the wide-open freedom of motorcycling, as well as continue to strengthen Harley-Davidson’s world-class dealer network.
These exciting new offering include:
- New Boom!™ Box GTS infotainment system: Available for select Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike motorcycles, including the 2019 CVO models. This infotainment system offers contemporary look, feel and function of the latest mobile devices and tablets, with durability and features designed specifically for motorcycling. Additionally, this system now features Apple Car Play.
- Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike Models: Select 2019 Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike motorcycles will be powered by the Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engine. At 114 cubic inches, the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine has the most displacement offered from the Harley-Davidson factory in standard Touring models. This performance upgrade is designed especially for riders who enjoy quicker acceleration or tour with a passenger and cargo.
The following Harley-Davidson models will be powered by the Milwaukee-Eight 114 for 2019:
- Ultra Limited
- Ultra Limited Low
- Road Glide® Ultra
- Road King® Special
- Road Glide® Special
- Street Glide® Special
- Tri Glide® Ultra
Additionally, the all-new Reflex™ Linked Brake system for 2019 is featured in the Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra and Freewheeler three-wheeled motorcycles, and incorporates Antilock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS) and an electronically linked front and rear braking system. All features work together to inspire greater rider confidence.
- ABS & Security: Completely new to Canada, ABS & Security now come standard on all 2019 Softail Touring, CVO and Trike models.
- HDFS Promotion – Special Interest Rate Promotion: Harley-Davidson Canada is pleased to announce the availability of a new dealer promotion for 2018 Harley-Davidson Street, Sportster®, Softail (including Dyna) and Touring motorcycle models (excluding Trike and Police/Fleet).
Between November 3 and December 31, 2018, for participating dealers only, riders are eligible for a 0.99% Rate with H-D® ESP (1.99% Rate without H-D ESP) for 60 months with No Down Payment on the purchase of select new 2018 and earlier motorcycle models.
- Lower MSRP: Harley-Davidson is introducing a lower MSRP on select 2019 Street and Softail models.
- Price protection: Harley-Davidson is offering price protection for the below 2019 Street and Softail models:
|Street™ 500||XG500||2018 and older||$1,000|
|Street™ 750||XG750||2018 and older||$500|
|Street™ Rod||XG750A||2018 and older||$1,000|
|Street Bob®||FXBB||2018 only||$1,000|
|Low Rider®||FXLR||2018 only||$400|
|Fat Bob®||FXFB||2018 only||$300|